Agora ("us", "we", or "our") operates http://joinagora.com (the
"Site"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection,
use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the
Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information
in accordance with this policy. Unless otherwise defined in this Privacy
Terms and Conditions, accessible at /site_info.html
- Information Collection And Use
- While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain
personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or
identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not
limited to, your name, login email address, college affiliation, degree
type and subject ("Personal Information").
- Log Data
- Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser
sends whenever you visit our Site ("Log Data"). This Log Data may include
information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address,
browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the
time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other
- The data we collect may be used for some or all of the following
purposes: targeting of content, improvement of site interaction, and the
creation of targeted emails and digests. This list may not be exhaustive,
however, and Agora reserves the right to use this data at its discretion
for the improvement of user interaction with the site.
- Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an
anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web
improve user interaction with the site.
- The security of your Personal Information is critical to us. However,
no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic
storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use every means to protect
your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. The
Agora team assures its users that they are using best practices for
protecting your data. Of course, we will also never give out your email
address to any third party.
- Links To Other Sites
- Our Site may contain links to other sites that are not operated by us.
If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third
party's site such as university authentication pages, society websites,
site you visit. Agora has no control over, and assumes no responsibility
for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites
Agora Terms and Conditions ("Agreement")
This Agreement was last modified on October 5, 2015.
Please read these Terms and Conditions ("Agreement", "Terms and
Conditions") before using www.joinagora.com ("the Site") operated by Agora
("us", "we", or "our"). This Agreement sets forth the legally binding terms
and conditions for your use of the Site at joinagora.com.
By accessing or using the Site in any manner, including, but not limited
to, visiting or browsing the Site or contributing content or other
materials to the Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Capitalized terms are defined in this Agreement.
- Intellectual Property
- The Site and its original content, features and functionality are owned
by Agora and are protected by international copyright, trademark, patent,
trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights
- Account Termination
- We may terminate your access to the Site without cause or notice, which
may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information
associated with you. All provisions of this Agreement that by their
nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including,
without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers,
indemnity, and limitations of liability.
- Content Changes
- We reserve the right to edit or delete any content or information posted or entered into the site.
- Links To Other Sites
- Our Site contains links to third-party sites that are not owned or controlled by Agora.
Agora has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content,
privacy policies, or practices of any third party sites or services. We
any third-party site that you visit.
- Governing Law
- This Agreement (and any further rules, policies, or guidelines
incorporated by reference) shall be governed and construed in accordance
with the laws of United Kingdom without giving effect to any principles
of conflicts of law.
- Changes To This Agreement
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these terms and conditions at any time.
INFORMATION WE GET AND HOW IT IS USED
- Registration: The information which you provide during registration and through your use of the Site will be used to recommend events and groups to you.
- Creating events: The information which you provide when creating an event will be displayed to users on the site who are verified university email account-holders or have been granted special access to the Agora site.
- Agora draws event information from a variety of public sources. This data does not belong to Agora and may be removed upon request.
- Managing your profile: The information which you input during registration of your account, and other profile information, can be accessed and edited in your “My settings” page.
- Deleting your account: To delete your account, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED AND HOW TO REPORT ABUSE
- VIOLENCE AND THREATS on Agora, or any events or groups promoting them, will not be tolerated. We will take action in removing related content and banning users who violate this policy.
- Agora takes SELF-HARM very seriously and will bar the promotion of events and groups dedicated to it.
- Agora does not tolerate any BULLYING, HARASSMENT and the use of FOUL LANGUAGE, especially when it promotes the attack on Agora members based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition.
- Agora understands the need for graphic content. However, it reserves the right to moderate offensive content posted to the site, i.e. pornographic or explicitly sexual content.
- Agora makes sure that the user has FULL CONTROL of their IDENTITY when it comes to displaying their personal information. Agora will not tolerate the false presence of an individual or event on the site.
- When uploading images onto Agora, take into account whether or not you are violating any copyrights or trademarks.
- If you would like to report abuse, please email email@example.com. We will assess the situation, get back to you, and take the necessary actions.
WHO CAN USE AGORA
- Any individual who has a university email address at a university where the site is currently live.
- Non-students may be given access at the Agora staff’s discretion.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify this info at any time.